Sunday 23 October 2011

Peterborough Half

This was set to be the easiest run of the lot. I had not factored in the fatigue from the previous two marathons. After 2miles it was evident there was nothing left in my legs. At 2.5miles I had a complete blow out. My calfs were aching and my legs felt like concrete. It took huge determination to simply put one foot in front of the other.

Peterborough is a relatively flat marathon, but not overly pretty. My motivation was lacking and I was begging for the line to appear. It really could not come soon enough. Inch by inch though the distance reduced. Before I knew it the straight came into sight and yet again I opened into a sprint







Don't be deceived I was knackered!!!! And wiped out for the rest of the day. Only a marathon and an ultra marathon to go. Www.justgiving.com/danpark


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment